I always like to get the best deals on specific dates. I just booked Vietnam Air return London to Hong Kong for only £452, all in. However, some of my mates are more flexible and often get the same route for 10% less.
The secret is to compare deals early, but don’t book too soon – following these tips:
- Cheapest day to book is Tuesday.
- Cheapest day to fly is Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Cheapest time to fly is early morning.
- Cheapest period to book is 12 to 6 weeks before the flight, with around 50-days being the ‘sweet spot’.
- Cheaper to change at a regional hob on long haul flights.
- Always compare deals using sites like http://www.kayak.co.uk or http://www.skyscanner.net or https://www.hipmunk.com.
- Cheapest is not usually main airlines – check small carriers too.
- In Europe check http://www.easyjet.co.uk or http://www.ryanair.com. In East Asia, checkout http://www.airasia.com. In Hong Kong: http://travel.priceline.com.hk, or in Mainland China: http://ticket.9588.com
- Fly during a public holiday (when no one else wants to).
- Pay by debit card to save credit card fees.
See My Personal Site: NigelHayMckay.com